If you feel you have an emergency with your pet, please call us at 858-720-8724 or come to the hospital immediately at 3890 Valley Center Drive #101, San Diego 92130. Emergencies are accepted anytime our clinic is open: 8 am – 6 pm (M-F); 9 am – 5 pm (Sat-Sun). If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a staff member can advise you on your particular emergency.
After Hours Emergencies
For after hours emergencies, please contact the Veterinary Specialty Hospital, which operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There is always an emergency veterinarian and experienced technical staff on duty. They can be reached at:
- Veterinary Specialty Hospital in San Diego (858) 875-7500
- California Veterinary Specialists in Carlsbad (760) 431-2273
Please call ahead so that a veterinary professional can advise you about your pet emergency and get the location and directions to the veterinary hospital.
- ASPCA Animal Poison Control Hotline: (888) 426-4435
- PET Poison Helpline: (800) 213-6680
Torrey Pines Animal Hospital is a technically advanced, full-service pet care medical facility. Our experienced veterinarians can meet any need from routine wellness care to major surgeries. Below is an example of some of our specialties.
- Internal Medicine/Surgery
- House Call Visits
- Diagnostic Imaging (Digital X-ray, Ultrasound)
- Preventative Care
- Boarding, Bathing, and more…
- Call us, we are here to help!
TAGG GPS Tracking System
Tagg—The Pet Tracker is a purpose-built pet tracking device that helps you know your pet’s wherabouts at any time, giving you peace of mind. The stylish, lightweight Tagg™ tracker attaches to your pet’s existing collar and uses advanced GPS and wireless technology to track and ﬁnd your pet. Using the Tagg website, you designate a Tagg zone (geofence) around the area where your pet spends most of his time. If your pet escapes the Tagg zone, the system alerts you via text and email so you can quickly ﬁnd him on a map using a mobile device or computer.
The Tagg system works with any cell phone with text. For those with smartphones, the free Tagg app for iPhone and Android is a convenient way to stay in touch with your pet. Find him on a map, track his whereabouts, and get driving directions to his current location, right from your mobile phone. You can even ﬁnd places nearby like vets, dog parks, and pet stores.
- Advanced GPS and wireless tracking technology
- Text and email alerts
- Purpose-built for pets over 10 lbs.
- Free Tagg app for iPhone and Android smartphones
- Continuous location tracking
- Easily attaches to pet’s existing collar
- Durable and water resistant
- Rechargeable tracker battery with power-saving docking stations*
- No activation fee or service contract
- Monthly service fee of $7.95 after ﬁrst 3 months
- Tagg service is only available in the United States, including Hawaii and Alaska
* Battery life can vary depending on use and pets proximity to docking station. Please see tagg.com/support for more information.
Please stop by or call us to discuss specific concerns about your pet. We provide personalized care and tailor wellness and treatment to the individual needs of each pet. Contact us today.
Healing their pain…changing their life.
What is Laser Therapy?
Laser Therapy, or “photobiomodulation”, is the use of specific wavelengths of light (red and near-infrared) to create therapeutic effects. These effects include improved healing time, pain reduction, increased circulation and decreased swelling. Laser Therapy has been widely utilized in Europe by physical therapists, nurses and doctors as far back as the 1970’s. Now, after FDA clearance in 2002, Laser Therapy is being used extensively in the United States. Learn more.